A break within the NBA All-Star sport would not actually imply midway by the season. Most groups have performed round 60 video games up to now, which might equate to about 73 p.c of the 82 common season video games. The symbolic “second half” is definitely the episode earlier than the playoffs, wherein groups will combat for seeding and gamers will make last arguments for particular person prizes.
Earlier than the playoffs actually start, the NBA’s finest and brightest will likely be in Salt Lake Metropolis, Utah for the 2023 NBA All-Star Recreation. The festivities will start on Friday, February 17 with the NBA Movie star Recreation and the Rising Stars Problem. The Dunk Contest, 3-Level Contest, and Expertise Contest will likely be held on Saturday, whereas the All-Star Recreation will happen on Sunday, February 19 at 8:30 p.m. EST. The All-Star draft will happen an hour earlier than the sport, with LeBron James and Giannis Antetokounmpo as captains as the highest vote-getters, each of which will likely be broadcast on TNT.
Whereas the All-Star Recreation is the crown jewel of a weekend on Sunday, it is usually the dunk contest and three-pointer content material on Saturday that steals the present. This yr’s full listing of Star Saturday members has been introduced and it ought to be a enjoyable night time for all concerned. This is our full preview of All-Star Saturday, with predictions on who will win every occasion.
NBA 2023 slam dunk occasion prediction, preview and timing
All-Star Saturday begins at 8pm ET on TNT. The dunk contest would be the third and last occasion of the night. You may guess on the dunk contest in DraftKings Sportsbook. This is a take a look at who’s competing:
Ok. J. Martin, F. Houston Rockets: KJ Martin is the son of Kenyon Martin, the previous first decide within the 2000 NBA draft. Kenyon Junior is a 22-year-old ahead for the Houston Rockets who’s beginning out as a combo striker in his third season. Though KJ is a couple of inches shorter than his dad (186 cm), he is without doubt one of the most explosive jumpers within the league and could possibly be a favourite to win this competitors. Martin made the most effective dunks of the season earlier this month:
Mac McClung, G, Delaware Blue Coats/Philadelphia 76ers: McClung did not play in an NBA sport this season, however the G League guard within the 76ers system was invited anyway so as to add some pleasure to the competitors. McClung was a mixtape star as a highschool participant and went on to have a stable faculty profession at each Texas Tech and Georgetown. He is solely performed in two NBA video games – in opposition to the Lakers and the Bulls – since he entered the league, however he nonetheless has a big following from his days as a possible contender. McClung is a good jumper whose dunks will look even cooler as a result of he is solely 6’2. It is McClung’s large second within the highlight, and he guarantees to prepare dinner up one thing good when the lights come on.
Trey Murphy III,Ok, New Orleans Pelicans: Murphy is in his second yr on the Pelicans. The 6’9 winger is principally identified for his goalscoring prowess however has been placing the ball by hell all season. Murphy already has 62 dunks this yr, in comparison with simply 17 dunks final season as a rookie. The Pelicans lobbied to get him in that competitors, and the NBA went with it.
Jericho Sims, C. New York Knicks: Sims was a coaching fighter when he signed up for the Texas draft a couple of years in the past. The 6’10 heart recorded a most vertical of 44.5 inches, which is without doubt one of the finest within the historical past of a dipping harvester. Large males normally have a tough time wowing the judges in a dunk contest, however Sims’ means to leap is so spectacular that he should not have an issue with it. He’s well-known for having eyes over the sting throughout dunks.
NBA 2023 dunk competitors predictions
I am going with Marcin. Sims’ leaping is spectacular, however I am unsure it has sufficient flexibility or creativity to shine on this occasion. Martin has quietly had a superb season for the horrible Rockets, and evidently an enormous efficiency on this competitors may assist him change into a family title.
NBA 2023 Three-Level Contest Prediction, Preview and Timing
The Three-Level Contest would be the second All-Star Saturday occasion after the Expertise Problem. This is a take a look at the sector:
- Tyrese Haliburton, G., Pacers from Indiana: Haliburton likes to remind those that some draft analysts thought his shot was too sluggish and too funky to translate to the NBA when he entered the Iowa draft. The All-Star first made the leap largely as a result of he is an impressive scorer: He made 39.9 p.c of the 346 three-pointers he tried this yr.
- Tyler Herro, G, Miami warmth: Herro is extra of a clear shooter than a clear shooter, however his means to drag pictures from both dribbling or catching is a key ingredient to his success. This yr with the Warmth, he scored extra three-pointers than ever earlier than (greater than eight makes an attempt per sport), however his proportion fell just below 37 p.c.
- Buddy Hield, G, Indiana Pacers: It looks as if Hield is the highest scorer in faculty basketball in Oklahoma, however one way or the other he is already 30 years previous. Hield gained the occasion earlier in 2020 and stays one of many league’s most correct scorers. He will likely be one of many favorites to win the competitors.
- Kevin Huerter, G., Kings of Sacramento: Huerter had a breakout season in Sacramento after an offseason commerce with the Hawks. The 6’8 winger is without doubt one of the finest shifting scorers within the league, which will help him as he runs round arcing to shoot down racks. He overtly competed for an invite to this contest on the Lowe Submit podcast earlier this season. Let’s have a look at the way it enhances it.
- Damian Lillard, G, Portland Path jackets: Lillard is having maybe the very best season of his Corridor of Fame profession at 32 for the Path Blazers. As of 2023, he was the league’s finest performer and continues to be one of many world’s deadliest scorers. He’s averaging a document 11.2 makes an attempt per sport this yr, up from three this yr, and has a profession common of 37 p.c.
- Lauri Markkanen, F. Utah Jazz: Markkanen could have followers from his hometown in Utah behind him, however one wonders if the stress will get to him. The 25-year-old striker had an incredible breakout season for the Jazz, turning into an All-Star for the primary time and profitable the league’s Most Improved Participant award. He lastly fulfills his faculty duties as a scorer, hitting a career-best 41.2 p.c of his three-pointers.
- Julius Randle, F, New York Knicks: Randle replaces the injured Anfernee Simons. He loved a superb rebound yr as a scorer after struggling final season, however nonetheless solely makes 33.8 p.c of his three-pointers. He’s by far the worst scorer on this competitors.
- Jayson Tatum, F. Boston Celtics: Tatum put his title in MVP talks this season by being the very best participant on the very best group within the NBA. He solely hits 35.7 p.c of his three-pointers, however not often catches and scores simply when opponents are all the time making an attempt to remove his scoring possibilities. Tatum and Lillard are the 2 largest names on this competitors and will probably be fascinating to see if they will beat everybody else.
What are the principles of the NBA 3-point contest?
Every competitor has 70 seconds to cowl the route. A most of 27 balls can be found in 5 areas on the courtroom. “Money balls” will likely be positioned on the finish of every rack and are value two factors. There may even be one rack filled with balls with cash. The three gamers with the best rating from the opening spherical advance to the championship spherical. From the NBA: “Identical to final season’s three-point contest, there will likely be two spots on the wings within the Mountain Dew Zone with one ball value three factors.”
Learn extra concerning the guidelines of the three-point contest right here.
NBA 2023 three-point sport predictions
We’ll select Damian Lillard, who will win the competitors for 3 factors. Proper now he is on fireplace capturing the ball and he feels he is destined to win this competitors not less than as soon as.
NBA Expertise Problem 2023 prediction, preview and time
The Talent Problem would be the first All-Star Saturday occasion. It incorporates a new format than the one we have seen in the previous few years with three groups:
- Paolo Banchero, Jaden Ivey and Jabari Smith Jr. make up a rookie group.
- Jordan Clarkson, Walker Kessler and Collin Sexton will characterize Jazz in Utah.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo and his brothers Kostas and Alex will compete because the third group.
2023 NBA Expertise Contest Guidelines
The ability contest could have three rounds adopted by a championship spherical to find out the winner. This is the way it works.
• Capturing spherical: There will likely be 5 completely different spots on the ground between 10 and 30 ft. Gamers will shoot from each location and their teammates will spherical up. The arrows have completely different values relying on the situation. Gamers can’t take the identical shot twice. The winner of the primary spherical will obtain 100 factors to their group’s rating.
Going spherical and spherical: Gamers could have 30 seconds to get to a few shifting targets. Passes could have completely different values relying on how troublesome they’re. “Every group should make not less than one go try for every goal, and particular person gamers could not make consecutive passes for a similar goal.” The profitable group will rating 100 factors to their rating.
Relay spherical: There will likely be a relay course that every one gamers on the group should full. The course will likely be timed and the quickest time wins. The course consists of baseline passing to a shifting goal, the problem of dribbling by cones, a brief shot close to the basket, a three-point nook shot in opposition to a defender, and a full courtroom dash to attain. The profitable group will rating 200 factors in direction of the rating.
Last Spherical – Half-court kick: The 2 groups with the best scores will advance to the championship spherical. Groups must take a half-court kick as quickly as attainable. The primary group will set the time and the second group must beat it. The timer could have a most of 90 seconds.
Expertise competitors forecast
We’ll lead Workforce Jazz to victory.