Princeton vast receiver Andrei Iosivas (pronounced Yoshi-vas) is not any stranger to vary – being 4,961 miles from residence is bound to power you to vary some issues in your life. Nonetheless, Iosivas was prepared for that second then, and he is prepared for the second he has this week as he practices for Reese’s 2023 Senior Bowl.
“It was all the time Stanford or the Ivy League,” Iosivas instructed reporters after the primary day of Senior Bowl follow in Cell, AL. “Popping out of highschool, I all the time made certain I had a very good GPA. I went to camp at Stanford and was provided a most well-liked scholarship, however then I toured the Ivy League and went to Princeton.
The tradition shock was large in his freshman yr, Iosivas mentioned, however he knew he would adapt as soon as he hit full pace.
And Iosivas in full swing is an incredible sight to see.
Iosivas does not run away, no – he slides. Stretching his legs to six’2 and strutting previous defenders, he went on to a career-high 16 touchdowns and 15.3 yards per catch for the Tigers, incomes reward after reward, together with an All-Ivy League First Staff. Iosivas can also be a world-class sprinter, having set an NCAA Indoor report within the 60-meter hurdles. As Iosivas pedals to a medal, he leaves DB and opposing runners within the mud.
In Cell, Iosivas needs to show that he can deal with greater, extra bodily DBs from Energy 5. “I believe I did nicely with the press protection right now, however I must focus extra on the place my arms are and the way low I’m,” mentioned Iosivas. “Coming from the Ivy League, they all the time flip you down within the competitors, however I sustain with it.”
Iosivas has already blazed a path, from Honolulu, HI to Princeton and now to Cell. If he continues to follow nicely, he can enhance draft boards through the draft.
First day follow notes
Ohio State OT Dawand Jones is HUGE. Measured right now at 6’8, 375 kilos with an 89 4/8 inch wingspan, he is much less of a proper sort out and extra of a double RV. He carried out very well in professional 1v1 passing, simply beating Isaiah Foskey with lengthy hand and quick passing DJ Johnson. I wish to see the way it works towards actual quick guys, but it surely’s bought a terrific begin.
- North Dakota State OL Cody Mauch is among the extra attention-grabbing guys on this Senior Bowl. Got here to Fargo as a decent finish, left as an offensive sort out, and now performs guard for Cell. It has shorter arms (measured at 32 1/8 inches) and lighter at 305, handles energy nicely. He can be a really attention-grabbing prospect for a lot of groups.
- Troy C Jake Andrews had a extremely stable day of follow and he stood out quite a bit. It got here in with a lot much less hype than one other middle, Michigan’s Olu Oluwatimi, however right now Andrews had greater than his personal. He was in a position to anchor very well towards the power and likewise appeared good within the working sport. He is a man I positively want to return to and see him on movie.
- Bowling Inexperienced DT Karl Brooks was the Monster on Tuesday. At 6’3, 303 kilos, he performed quite a bit on the sting at Bowling Inexperienced however was dominant inside all day. His explosiveness and first step pace had been an excessive amount of for many inside offensive linemen all through the day, and he blew up in each his working sport and passing. In case your crew wants prompt serve juice, Brooks is your man.
- Regardless of shedding a rep to Jones, I believe Foskey had a reasonably good day. He is aware of what his passing plan is (lengthy arm to dying) and when he hits it goes like this:
Foskey additionally compelled a crew follow error and was energetic many of the day. I wish to see him use extra counters on lengthy arm motion, however total a stable first day on the job.
The Georgia Tech DL Keion White transfers its weight very well. He was 6’4, 280 kilos with a 33-inch wingspan, however you would not suppose he was 280 contemplating the way in which his weight was distributed. He’s very nicely constructed and together with his pace and size he made lots of good performs in crew follow.
Boise State Security JL Skinner isn’t like security and extra like an NBA shooter. He got here in at 6’4, 211 kilos with 32 4/8 inch arms and is extraordinarily excessive waisted. I am involved about his capability to mark in man conditions, however he appeared superb right now as an overhang defender and overlaying zones beneath. His greatest match might be one that permits him to throw himself into the field after a snap, or within the heavyweight zone the place he can play beneath.
- Military EDGE Andre Carter bought lots of further coaching right now. Carter was 6’6 and 252 kilos right now, with a 34-inch wingspan, however now solely has legs and arms. His taking part in energy was closely examined right now and he was laundered within the working sport and was closely crushed by Jones in right now’s passing replays. In the mean time, he’s extra of a challenge than a ready-made collaborator.
- Stanford WR Elijah Higgins could profit extra from transferring to a decent finish or H-back within the NFL. He does not have the power to vary route to be a receiver, and he actually had a tough time dropping his hips.
- Houston WR Tank Dell has capital J JUICE. He has such an incredible change of route and cease and begin abilities that he has been in a position to beat nearly anybody he has confronted in right now’s 1v1 matchups. He’s small (he measures 5’8, 163lbs) however if you’re in search of a receiver with a sure explosiveness and the power to open up in any state of affairs, Dell is one in all my males on this draft to control.
- SMU WR Rashee Rice is the man I had my eye on, however he did not stand out an excessive amount of right now. He beat defenders, however then the ball flew over his head. Rice has positively demonstrated his capability to deal with tough mids and the power to be a giant YAC man on the NFL stage. Consider Brandon Aiyuk bodily (I am not saying he’ll be like Aiyuk, I am saying the taking part in types are comparable).
- The DBs for the American crew are very bodily. They aren’t afraid to get within the faces of opposing WRs and drown them out to trigger issues. Kansas State DB Julius Brents was very spectacular right now, utilizing his size to disrupt routes with out being overly catchy. He picked up a 1v1 go right now which was very nice to see. Miami DB Tyrique Stevenson additionally had a reasonably good day. He was thrown out with a couple of flags held however bodily examined the receivers all day. The fights between him and WR Jonathan Mingo had been enjoyable.
Iowa State EDGE Will McDonald IV intrigues me. Within the EDGE class, which lacks guys with an actual jam, McDonald confirmed some actually good motion abilities right now. He flashed an inside spin in a 1-on-1 passing rush, was in a position to nook and even beat Tennessee RT’s Darnell Wright within the first repetition of right now’s crew follow. He additionally flashed in 7-for-7, interrupting the go and looking out snug as he burst into vary. He is a really slender 241, however I believe there’s an NFL-level function for him.
- Tulane RB Tyjae Spears has a pleasant second gear. He confirmed a very good run in follow right now (though there have been no tackles right now) and took a display go, which turned out to be a giant revenue. He can flip 3 yards into 30 yards at any time, and that can be priceless to the NFL franchise.
- The Bears offensive coordinator, Luke Getsy, is the pinnacle coach of the US crew, and I believe he did a terrific job of reassuring the gamers on the finish of follow. Staff USA performed a collection of six 1v1 matches, 2-shot EDGE vs. Left/Proper sort out, DT vs. OG, RB vs. LB, WR vs. DB and TE vs. Security. The shedding facet needed to do 15 push-ups. The protection received the day, however instilling this type of competitors permits gamers to play just a little looser and have extra enjoyable. That is what we’re all right here for, proper?
Day 1 vibration verify
- Cell is a phenomenal metropolis, however the fog is terrifying. Crossing a bridge pondering you are going to Narnia is a terrifying sight.
- The South Alabama campus is nothing just like the Group of 5 campus I have been to. It is spacious however not overly spacious, the basketball court docket is HUGE and the soccer stadium is very nice. Props to them.
- Fog within the morning is misleading as a result of the second you suppose it is chilly, you bear in mind you are in Alabama and the solar hits you with the energy of a thousand gods.
- Prepare dinner Out candy tea is the nectar of the gods.